The Moringa Oleifera tree, also known as the drum stick or tree of life possesses the most dense concentration of vitamins and nutrients of any supplement on Earth; and the best part, it’s completely natural. Grown and harvested in Zambia, all parts of the plant can be digested and will provide a range of benefits to the human body.
The leave are the most wide spread as a nutritious supplement. However, the seed has miraculous nutritious properties too. Most notably it is an aphrodisiac and a hit amongst gentlemen, but this is just a side effect; check out the following benefits of the most vital importance.
- Like many other herbs, moringa seeds also offer great antioxidant benefits. They contain lots of vitamin A, C, B complex and other free radical busters that save our body from severe oxidative damages (2). In other words, the antioxidant properties of the seeds can help us take care of our health on the whole.
- Scientists have proved that moringa seeds can reduce the amount of oxidized lipids in our body and take care of our cardiac health by safeguarding the heart tissues from constructional damages (3).
- The anti-carcinogenic effects of moringa seeds are also quite well-known. They can stop the growth and development of cancer cells by accelerating their death count. According to researchers, intake of moringa seed powder for 3 consecutive weeks can restrain colon cancer successfully
- Moringa seeds contain plenty of zinc, which are essential for regulating the secretion of insulin hormone. As the production of insulin becomes normal, the levels of sugar also remain normal in our bloodstream. Hence, the extract of these seeds can be used as an effective anti-diabetic agent
- The anti-inflammatory properties of moringa seeds can curb down inflammation, reduce soreness and perk up the function of our physical joints in case of severe bone disorders like arthritis (6).
- Being an excellent source of vitamin A, moringa seeds can strengthen our immune system (7), repair our mucus membrane and take optimal care of our eyes by keeping the vision intact.
- Protein is one of the most essential nutrients that we need for proper functioning of our body. Moringa seeds are loaded with protein (8) and hence, we can easily fulfill our daily requirement of amino acids by including the seeds in the powdered form in our diet.
- Moringa seeds contain oleic acid, a mono-saturated fatty acid that is highly beneficial for our health. Being a healthy source of fat, it can easily replace the high saturated animal fats found in our food items. It works as a ‘good cholesterol’ and keeps our cholesterol levels down (9). Moreover, it can prevent blood clot and help us keep severe cardiovascular diseases at bay.
- Vitamin C content present in moringa seeds makes them an amazing immunity booster (10). From eliminating harmful free radicals to developing protection against infectious agents, they can do everything successfully.
- Not only vitamins, but these seeds are also rich in vital minerals such as zinc, calcium, iron, magnesium, copper, and so on. Each of these play a unique role in ensuring complete wellness for us. Iron reduces the risk of anemia; calcium keeps our teeth and bone strong, while zinc facilitates the process of production of sperms (spermatogenesis) (11)